We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||HVAC Technician II - 993046
||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
||Full Time with Full Benefits
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
||1. Performs preventive maintenance, troubleshoots and repairs heating, ventilating, cooling refrigeration and kitchen equipment to ensure proper workings of these systems NSU wide.
2. Performs journeyman level work on larger HVAC equipment such as chillers, cooling towers and heat exchangers to ensure proper workings of these systems NSU wide.
3. Maintains proper inventory level of equipment and tools in service vehicles or on site, to ensure availability.
4. Provides on the job training and guidance to HVAC Tech I to ensure quality standards.
5. Performs all duties safely and in accordance with established departmental guidelines, policy and procedures. Reports any injuries to supervisor and manager immediately.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Available on call 24/7 for University emergencies.
2. Participates in the on call rotation.
This list is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties to meet mission requirements of the University and cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.
|Marginal Job Functions:
||Assists in the work of the mechanics as needed.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
||1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisory staff at all levels and the NSU community.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively and concisely.
4. Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment and with frequently changing priorities.
5. Ability to follow through and carry out assignments.
6. Problem solving skills and sound judgment.
7. Ability to understand and apply University and Departmental policies and procedures.
8. Knowledge of proper and safe use of tools, lubricating chemicals etc.
9. Knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in area(s) of specialty.
10. Knowledgeable and technically skilled in the repair and maintenance of heating, ventilating, cooling/refrigeration and kitchen equipment.
||PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull a variety of tools, equipment and materials.
2. Must be able to safely lift 85 lbs.
3. Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch to gain access to pipes, wiring and equipment.
4. Handles a variety of hand and power tools.
5. Near-visual acuity needed to read equipment diagrams and inspect parts.
6. Depth perception, field of vision and color vision needed in fitting and installing parts.
7. Exposed to wet and very hot conditions.
8. Exposed to noise and vibration from operating machinery.
9. Must be able to lift any trade tools, material and equipment.
10. Must be able to reach overhead.
11. May be required to work in confined areas to access equipment.
||1. EPA certified.
2. Have and maintain a valid Florida Drivers License with no more than three (3) points.
||High School Diploma or Equivalent
|Major (if required):
||Three (3) or more years air conditioning experience.
||1. Technical schooling / specialized training.
2. Journeyman's card preferred.
3. Five (5) or more years field experience preferred.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?