We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Open and close lobby membership desk, count till, record money.
- Staff lobby membership desk on scheduled days during regular museum hours.
- Greet and assist members and other visitors with membership and ticket inquiries and issues with excellent customer service. Contact a manager to help resolve larger problems.
- Process membership and ticket purchases and update required information on member ticket form.
- Answer and return phone calls. Must be able to answer questions regarding programs, exhibitions.
- Support and work under direction of Donor Relations Associate and Annual Fund Manager in strategies and projects to grow the membership base and revenue; achieve a high retention rate and upgrades among renewing members.
- Promote and solicit new, renewed, and upgraded membership among callers, visitors, and in off-site development initiatives.
- Provide clerical assistance in the development office as needed.
- Provide check-in and check-out assistance at member events as needed. (Free parking is available.)
- Support in the management of volunteer-based program to make follow up calls to members on Development/Fundraising activities.
- Assist with Work Study staff training and management.
- Ensure Membership staff timesheets are complete and accurate.
- Collaborates with Visitor Services Manager on all scheduling issues for Federal Work Study Front Desk team.
- Performs other duties as needed and directed by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior writing skills are necessary to write and edit letters, proposals, grants, sponsorship decks, reports, and other solicitation materials, and have exemplary verbal communication skills to communicate with a wide range of audiences.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understand the principles of philanthropy, with particular emphasis on major gifts, grants, sponsorships, and foundations.
- Strong organizational ability, analytical skills, and attention to detail. Exceptional judgement, professionalism, and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive situations and matters.
- Flexible work schedule, with availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task