We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||Supervisor - Administrative Support - 999916
||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
||Full Time with Full Benefits
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
||1. Manages the daily operations for the Center for Academic and Professional Success.
2. Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of subordinates and staff, including hiring, coaching, evaluating, and terminating.
3. Prepares and issues work schedules, deadlines, and duty assignments for office or administrative staff.
4. Develops or updates procedures, policies, or standards.
5. Implements University or departmental policies, procedures, and service standards in conjunction with management.
6. Interprets administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees.
7. Reviews operating practices and procedures to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
8. Coordinates activities with other supervisory personnel or with other work units or departments.
9. Responds to inquiries requiring in-depth understanding of work-area policies and procedures and resolves highly complex problems requiring information from multiple sources to ensure questions are answered and issues resolved timely.
10. Performs general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records in management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
11. Uses computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
12. Prepares invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
13. Sets up and manages paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
14. Coordinates conferences, meetings, or special events, such as luncheons or student ceremonies.
15. Inventories and orders materials, supplies, and services.
16. Plans for or coordinates office services, such as equipment or supply acquisition or organization, disposal of assets, relocation, parking, or maintenance.
17. Conducts research, compiles data, and prepares papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and boards of directors.
18. Learns to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented.
19. Completes special projects as assigned.
20. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Administration and Management - Working knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, budgeting, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and/or coordination of people and resources.
2. Personnel and Human Resources - General knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, and personnel information systems.
3. Clerical - Thorough knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
4. Customer and Personal Service - Thorough knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
5. English Language - Thorough knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
6. Computers and Electronics - General knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
7. Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
1. Service Orientation - Advanced skills in actively looking for ways to help people.
2. Judgment and Decision Making - Proficient skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
3. Time Management - Advanced skills in managing one's own time and the time of others.
4. Social Perceptiveness - Proficient skills in being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
5. Writing - Proficient skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
6. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
7. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
8. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
1. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
2. Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
3. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
4. May be required to work nights or weekends.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboards.
||High School Diploma or Equivalent
|Major (if required):
||High School Diploma and six (6) years of clerical/administrative experience providing administrative support, or experience managing / coordinating functions with high level external contacts.
Associate's Degree and four (4) years of clerical/administrative experience providing administrative support, or experience managing / coordinating functions with high level external contacts.
Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years of experience providing administrative support, or experience managing / coordinating functions with high level external contacts.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.