We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||Associate Director - Preschool - 994397
||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
||Full Time with Full Benefits
||Commensurate with experience.
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
||1. Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of subordinates and staff, including hiring, coaching, evaluating, and terminating.
2. Develops, oversees, and documents classroom observations for the implementation of the Preschool approach to learning.
3. Provides support to teachers and classroom staff regarding curriculum implementation. Conducts and/or recommends evaluations of children when necessary.
4. Meets with parents, legal guardians, and/or other professionals to discuss and review children's progress.
5. Consults with government regulatory and licensing agencies to ensure the institution's conformance with applicable standards.
6. Represents institution and/or assigned program(s) at community and campus events, in meetings with other institution personnel, and during accreditation processes.
7. Assists in activities required for program accreditation.
8. Reviews operating practices and procedures to determine whether improvements can be made in areas such as workflow, reporting procedures, or expenditures.
9. Assists in making necessary modifications to operational policies and procedures based on analysis of operations, demographics, and other research information.
10 Assesses program quality, presents results, and makes recommendations to management.
11. Sets up and manages paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material.
12. Maintains accurate and complete student records as required by laws, policies, and administrative regulations.
13. Participates in budget preparation and reporting for assigned program(s).
14. Prepares special ad hoc reports / summaries by selecting relevant information from a variety of sources and designed to satisfy inquiries.
15. Assists faculty and administrators in the development, evaluation, and revision of school programs and in the preparation of master schedules for curriculum offerings.
16. Determines teaching assignments and room assignments to ensure optimum use of buildings and equipment.
17. Provides orientation to and resolves issues for program's staff. Provides program tours when necessary.
18. Manages and monitors teacher contracts.
19. Acts as liaison between students, faculty, and parents.
20. Assists in the planning and execution of orientation for new staff and families.
21. Liaises student (family) grievance.
22. Oversees or coordinates the recruiting, selection, training, assignment, scheduling, supervision, and/or evaluation of staff.
23. Provides curriculum coordination for indoor and outdoor environments.
24. Delivers professional development and trainings to staff including teachers, teacher aides, and support staff.
25. Works on ongoing research projects and grants.
26. Assists marketing with program development via attendance at college events conducive to the recruiting and enrollment of potential staff and students.
27. Assists in planning special events and/or Continuing Education functions.
28. Maintains or monitors departmental and/or program websites.
29. Assists in the recruitment, selection, and supervision of student employees and graduate assistants.
30. Attends meetings, educational conferences, and training workshops and serves on committees.
31. Completes special projects as assigned.
32. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:
||1. Represent University School on local and NSU committees.
2. Write articles and present at local, state, and national professional conferences.
3. Act as Preschool Director in his/her absence.
4. Assist staff in special project assignments.
5. Attend University functions.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Administration and Management - Working knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, budgeting, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and/or coordination of people and resources.
2. Customer and Personal Service - Thorough knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
3. English Language - General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4. Education and Training - Working knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
5. Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
1. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
2. Critical Thinking - Proficient skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
3. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
4. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
5. Judgment and Decision Making - Proficient skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
6. Monitoring - Basic skills in monitoring / assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
7. Writing - Proficient skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
8. Complex Problem Solving - Proficient skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
1. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
2. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
3. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
3. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
4. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
5. May be required to work nights or weekends.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
|Major (if required):
||Three (3) years of successful teaching experience including three (3) years of leadership service experience in Early Childhood
||1. Master's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
2. Experience with a variety of positions in education or psychology.
3. Understanding of the needs of children and families with disabilities and/or behavioral challenges.
4. Familiarity with NAEYC, FCIS accreditation and CDA training program.
5. Familiarity and knowledge concerning appropriate parenting issues.
6. Familiarity and experience with computers and software relating to word processing and spreadsheets.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.