We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||Admission Services Representative I - HPD - 999396
||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
||Full Time with Full Benefits
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
||1. Reviews admissions application files for completion to ensure program requirement are met.
2. Contacts applicants regarding admissions documents and statuses to ensure completion of application process for prospective students.
3. Responds to inquiries and provides counseling, either by phone or email, from prospective students regarding the admissions process to ensure quality information is provided to callers.
4. Utilizes admissions management services system to record and update applicant status to ensure completion of application process for prospective students.
5. Adheres to regulations, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance and to be consistent regarding responses to inquiries.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:
||1. Travels to on- and off-campus job related meetings, conferences, and workshops.
2. Provides assistance to senior management regarding special project and assignments.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
||1. Excellent communications skills.
2. Excellent customer service skills.
3. Ability to work independently.
4. Excellent office management skills, including computer literacy.
5. Ability to work as a member of a team.
6. Ability to meet deadlines.
7. Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
8. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
9. Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
10. Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions.
11. Knowledge and understanding of the university environment.
12. Ability to effectively communicate knowledge.
13. Ability to maintain confidential information.
14. Ability to work evenings and weekends, if required.
15. Working knowledge of Microsoft Window-based environment, using various software packages (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
||Prior to submitting your application:
Ensure your application is accurate and up to date.
Complete the entire application.
Provide only professional references.
||High School Diploma or Equivalent
|Major (if required):
||1. Two (2) years of customer service experience.
2. One (1) year of clerical experience.
||1. Proficiency in the Spanish language, including speaking, writing, and reading Spanish.
2. Prior work experience in an academic setting in an admissions office or related area in higher education.
3. Experience working in a health professions environment.
4. Minimum of two (2) years of clerical experience.
5. Knowledge of Banner and other NSU software systems.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.