We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||Transfer Evaluation Services Advisor - 999930
||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
||Full Time with Full Benefits
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
||1. Assists with the facilitation of the transfer credit evaluation process.
2. Counsels prospective and current undergraduate transfer students with regard to transfer of credit to NSU.
3. Works as part of a team to facilitate the transfer credit evaluation process with the staff in the Transfer Articulation Services Systems team, REG/TES and the campus community.
4. Utilizes the Transfer Credit System database, the Banner Transfer Articulation Modules and Recruiter in order to perform the articulation process.
5. Collaborates with the supervisor to develop and maintain policies and procedures for the application of the Transfer Articulation Module.
6. Troubleshoots system error and complications and notifies the appropriate personnel.
7. Works with the undergraduate academic advisors with regard to transfer of credit.
8. Provides counseling and advisement to students in the area of full portfolios and standard grants.
9. Assists current students with regard to transfer credit issues.
10. Participates in the yearly ESS summit.
11. Works with all graduate and professional program staff; with regard to transfer of credits.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:
||1. Travels to and participates in job related meetings, conferences and workshops.
2. Provides assistance to ESS and senior management regarding special project and assignments.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
||1. Excellent verbal and writing skills.
2. Excellent customer relations skills.
3. Excellent time management skills.
4. Be proactive in anticipating customers' needs for information and services.
5. Excellent organizational skills.
6. Ability to work as a member of a team.
7. Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
8. Ability to meet deadlines.
9. Ability to maintain confidential information.
10. Ability to work independently.
11. Understanding of the University environment and the ability to communicate knowledge effectively.
12. Must pay close attention to detail.
13. Ability to set priorities and to manage time effectively.
14. Excellent conflict and resolution skills.
15. Proficiency with computer systems and mainframe computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
16. Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) with regard to student privacy and protection regulations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.
5. May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and, on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
||Prior to submitting your application:
Ensure your application is accurate and up to date
Complete the entire application
Provide only professional references
|Major (if required):
||1. One (1) year of work experience in advising or counseling experience.
2. Two (2) years of customer service experience in an academic institution.
||1. Masters Degree.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in advising or counseling in an academic institution.
3. Two years of transfer credit evaluation experience in an academic institution.
4. Experience working with SunGard Banner and NSU software systems.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.