We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||One Stop Shop Representative I - 999974
||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
||Full Time with Full Benefits
||$15.10 per hour/$29,450.00 annually
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
||1. Answers inquiries and resolves issues from applicants, students, NSU community, and general public as related to financial aid, registration, and student accounts, NSU identification cards and other university business-related transactions to ensure questions are answered in an accurate and timely manner.
2. Completes issuance/replacement of badges by inputting and/or retrieving data in Campus Card production system, taking digital images and printing photo ID to ensure proper identification of staff and students.
3. Reviews and verifies documents and forms submitted for financial aid, registration, student accounts, and other university-related business transactions to ensure accuracy and completion of information in accordance with federal and state regulations and university policies and procedures.
4. Processes student payments, issues receipts for payments, and closes and reconciles sessions to ensure transactions are recorded accurately in accordance with ESS and university policies and procedures.
5. Processes student transaction forms for registration, change in course schedules, and partial/complete withdrawals for students and NSU employees, and works with the academic units to resolve registration issues to ensure accuracy of information and to remain in compliance with university policies and procedures.
6. Issues and enters information regarding parking permits to NSU community to ensure the appropriate parking decals are issued.
7. Completes student requests for official transcripts, enrollment verification's, and in-school deferments to ensure optimal customer service is provided.
8. Reviews and organizes documentation collected daily to ensure documents are completed accurately and ready for imaging.
9. Performs other duties assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:
||1. Requires working at either of the OSS locations at the Main Campus (Horvitz Administration Building and the HPD Terry Building.
2. Provides backup customer service to the ESS and HPD reception areas.
3. Travels to off-campus meetings and professional development workshops.
4. Assists with reports and special projects as assigned.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
||1. Excellent verbal communication skills.
2. Excellent customer service skills.
3. Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
5. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
6. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
7. Have a good understanding of the university environment and the ability to effectively communicate information.
8. Proactive, punctual, and reliable.
9. Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
10. Ability to meet deadlines.
11. Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
12. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
13. Ability to work independently.
14. Must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings and Saturdays.
15. Ability to work in a Microsoft Window-based environment using various software packages (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in a performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
||Prior to submitting your application:
Ensure your application is accurate and up to date
Complete the entire application
Provide only professional references
||Associate's Degree or 60 College credits
|Major (if required):
||1. Two (2) years of customer service experience.
2. One (1) year work experience using computers, specifically related to Windows-based programs.
||1. Previous work experience in an institution of higher education.
2. Minimum of one (1) year of student support services work experience in an academic institution.
3. Minimum of two (2) years of work experience using computers in a customer services setting.
4. Knowledge of Banner and NetSearch.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.