We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||EPS Processing Assistant I - 995617
||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
||Full Time with Full Benefits
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
||1. Mail and Research: Receives and reviews mail, creates records in Banner, and researches and updates information in Lexis Nexis system to ensure maintenance of applicant/student records.
2. Scanning and Data Loads: Assures accuracy of data imported into Banner system, troubleshoots errors in data load process, scans documentation provided to EPS, and processes orphan documents to ensure data integrity and appropriate backup of application/student records.
3. Indexing: Manages electronic files through software system, processes documents into imaging system, and performs quality checks of imaged documentation to ensure proper filing and record keeping of applicant/student records.
4. Data Entry: Inputs applications into Banner system and makes data changes to students' records and information to ensure correct student records are up-to-date.
5. Degree Conferral: Processes student applications for degree conferral to ensure accuracy of data provided to students.
6. Quality Control: Performs quality checks for all departments, and returns incomplete documents to applicants to ensure documentation is accurate.
7. Retention and Secure Storage: Maintains inventory of items in secure storage, coordinates its retrieval and submission, and assists in purging process to ensure compliance with regulations and NSU retention policy.
8. Transcripts: Processes requests for official transcripts, produces transcripts upon request by the student.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:
||1. Attends divisional and NSU sponsored meetings and instructional workshops.
2. Assists Admissions Management Services (AMS) team with special project assignments.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
||1. Solid knowledge of MS Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook), automated office equipment, and office practices and procedures.
2. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
3. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
4. Data entry and typing skills.
5. Strong administration skills ? organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
6. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
7. Ability to maintain confidential information.
8. Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
9. Ability to work overtime, including evenings and weekends, with minimal notice.
10. Good customer relations skills.
11. Ability to set priorities, to manage time effectively, and to meet deadlines.
12. Ability to work as a member of a team.
13. Ability to work independently.
||Prior to submitting your application:
Ensure your application is accurate and up to date
Complete the entire application
Provide only professional references
||Valid Florida driver's license is required.
||High School Diploma or Equivalent
|Major (if required):
||1. Two (2) years of clerical/administrative experience in an office environment.
2. One (1) year of work experience using computers.
||1. Previous experience in an academic institution.
2. Familiarity and experience working with Banner.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.