We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||Senior Director – Alumni Association - 991658
||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
||Full Time with Full Benefits
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
||1. Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of subordinates and staff, including hiring, coaching, evaluating, and terminating. Manages Alumni Relations team to develop the overall strategic direction of the NSU Alumni Association.
2. Plans, organizes, and manages a formal alumni association to include chapters at the regional campuses.
3. Develops programs to provide financial ways and means to continue expansion and development programs of a university to maintain and promote alumni interest and support.
4. Provides strategic direction and leadership for the University’s alumni association programs and activities aligning with current strategies.
5. Provides oversight for the development and implementation of a multi-year plan to build alumni engagement in support of overall University Advancement objectives.
6. Collaborates with prospect research, academic deans, and development officers to identify distinguished alumni to serve as the recipients of the annual NSU alumni awards.
7. Develops strategies to encourage alumni association from multiple constituencies that require a highly integrated and strategic approach across the University.
8. Establishes and builds relationships with a wide range of alumni, locally, regionally, and nationally; maintains regular communication with alumni via direct contact, email blasts, and the alumni directory.
9. Develops an effective volunteer program by identifying, recruiting, training, and managing alumni volunteers.
10. Prepares presentations for alumni and internal university staff on the programs and services of the alumni association.
11. Works with students to incorporate connections and builds the pipeline for a smooth transition to alumni status post-graduation.
12. Works closely with the Student Affairs Coordinators at each NSU Campus to strategize on alumni and student programs.
13. Meets assigned metrics for prospects in their portfolio including donor visits, proposals, and solicitations.
14. Attends alumni functions and meetings on evenings and on weekends. National travel is required and frequent.
15. Completes special projects as assigned.
16. Performs other duties as assigned
|Marginal Job Functions:
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Strong knowledge of alumni programs and services.
2. Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
3. General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4. Personnel and Human Resources – General knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, and training.
5. Administration and Management - Thorough knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, budgeting, leadership technique, and/or coordination of people and resources.
1. Active Listening - Advanced skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
2. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
3. Critical Thinking - Advanced skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
4. Judgment and Decision Making - Advanced skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
5. Complex Problem Solving - Proficient skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
6. Coordination - Proficient skills in adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
1. Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
2. Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
3. Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
4. Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
5. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
6. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
7. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
8. Fluency of Ideas - The ability to come up with several ideas about a topic.
6. Ability to work as a team member within a university setting.
7. Ability to establish working relationships with alumni, students, faculty, staff, and the public.
8. Ability to develop effective methods of contacting and engaging alumni.
||Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
5. May be required to work nights or weekends.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
7. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
|Major (if required):
||Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in alumni relations in a higher education or non-profit setting.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.