We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||Chief Business Development Officer - 993953 (Central Florida-Based Remote Work-Travel Expected Throughout Central Florida)
||Part Time with Full Benefits
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
||1. Develops and implements three (3) year business and marketing plans for potential clients.
2. Employs a business development and marketing plan with enabling programs and strategies to meet company revenue growth targets.
3. Maintains and promotes relationships and business with potential and existing customers.
4. Identifies new customers and key contacts.
6. Manages partner and affiliate accounts.
7. Participates and makes marketing presentations at trade shows, meetings, and conferences.
8. Formulates and monitors business and marketing performance standards and indicators.
9. Develops financial and technical networking models for business sustainment and growth.
10. Providing reports as required by the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Board of Directors.
11. Developing systems to collect and evaluate statistical data to effect the continuous improvement of business and marketing programs.
12. Works to align business planning with the FLR five year strategic and operational plans; and also five-year master financial planning workbook.
13. Developing creative business solutions to attract new business within the Affiliate membership guidelines.
14. Completes special projects as assigned.
15. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:
||1. Policy-making and/or Interpretation: Contribute to the development, interpretation and implementation of company policies, procedures and guidelines related to all areas of the Corporation.
2. Program Direction and Development: Daily or as required coordination with the FLR Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Communications Officer, to develop and implement
strategies for the provision of the FLR services. Also coordinates activities with a variety of entities throughout the state in the use and success of the Corporation.
3. Level of Public Contact: Frequent contact with FLR partner institutions, affiliates, associates and potential affiliates about the full range of FLR services.
4. Board Relationships: Participates in all scheduled Board of Directors, Finance, Business Development, and Executive Committee meetings to provide assistance and advice as required.
5. Support Responsibility: Contribute and support FLR executive staff initiatives and projects where applicable.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Advanced knowledge in business, financial, and network operations in a higher education and/or research environment.
2. Advanced experience in working with a Customer Relationship Management system.
3. Excellent strategic, operational planning and organizational management knowledge.
4. Working knowledge of desktop applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
1. Strong project management and people skills, preferably in the support of higher education research initiatives..
2. Excellent collaboration, presentation, written and oral communication skills
1. Ability to develop adaptive solutions to meet current and prospective Affiliates strategic network objectives.
2. Ability to interpret, negotiate and recommend alternative courses of action or plans for decision-making.
3. Demonstrated ability to manage all business development aspects of a technology or network services provider.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
5. May be required to work nights or weekends.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
7. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
|Major (if required):
||Five (5) to six (6) years experience in establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships, or commercial Internet and network account management, or IT management support to higher education or research institutions.
||Ten (10) to twelve (12) years' experience in higher education IT or business development in a national or regional optical network preferred. Master's degree in business administration, business management (emphasis on management information systems) marketing, communications or equivalent from an accredited university.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.