Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 503785
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Orlando, Florida
Categories: Information Technology
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Director of Services and Pre-Sales Engineering - 992938 (Remote - Florida residency and some travel required)|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Manages all network and network service-related vendor, service providers, and participant relationships and accounts.
2. Manages FLR’s Indefeasible Right to Use (IRU) fiber contract(s).
3. Establishes and maintains contracts for “last mile” circuits where FLR is the customer of record.
4. Assists CBDOs by assisting prospective affiliates in identifying “last mile” options for connecting to FLR.
5. Executes program management functions for the FLR network in support of the company’s NOC contracted staff.
6. Executes project management for all network upgrades, refreshes, and expansions, including vendor support, supply chain, property management, and
7. Develops, manages, and assesses a comprehensive infrastructure and broadband services delivery Services Plan (to include a review of alternative
colocation sites) that is strategically focused on actions to facilitate diverse last mile, local loop connections (dark, dim, and managed services) to the
FLR Core Network.
8. Collaborates with the FLR Chief Technology Officer, Chief Business Development Officers, the Chief Operating Officer, and the Chief Executive Officer
to develop innovative partnerships and strategic alliances with third party service providers.
9. Complete special projects as assigned.
10. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Serves on various Regional and National Research and Education Network Services Committees as required.|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. Strong working knowledge of state and national third-party provider services to include last
mile, local loop, and cross connection scenarios.
2. Strong working knowledge of optical network engineering, architecture, and design; technical planning, budgeting, and contract management.
1. Program management and supply-chain management.
2. Excellent collaboration, presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
1. Strong ability to interpret, negotiate, and recommend alternative courses of action or plans for decision-making.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
5. May be required to work nights or weekends.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
7. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||1. A bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and eight (8) years of experience with communications and telecommunications suppliers
and services to include such activities as provision for third-party last mile, establishment of local loop connections, and working with dark/managed
2. A minimum of eight years of corporate executive staff experience in the management/supervision of third-party service offerings to organizational entities
similar to those currently being provided to FLR members.
|Preferred Qualifications:||1. A combination of statewide, regional or national optical network services experience preferred.
2. Experience in developing and maintaining strategic partnerships.
3. Experience in global supply-chain and program management.
4. Earned MBA or BA/BS in Engineering.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
Hiree must reside in the state of Florida or relocate to Florida within six (6) months of hire date. Hiree is responsible for any and all relocation expenses.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time