We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health and welfare of its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||Clinical Research Coordinator III - 991642
||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
||Full Time with Full Benefits
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
||1. Participates in preparation and management of research budgets and monetary disbursements.
2. Arranges for research study sites and determines staff or equipment availability.
3. Confers with health care professionals to determine the best recruitment practices for studies.
4. Assesses eligibility of potential subjects through methods such as screening interviews, reviews of medical records, and discussions with physicians and nurses.
5. Informs patients or caregivers about study aspects and outcomes to be expected.
6. Schedules subjects for appointments, procedures, or inpatient stays as required by study protocols.
7. Oversees subject enrollment to ensure that informed consent is properly obtained and documented.
8. Tracks enrollment status of subjects and documents dropout information such as dropout causes and subject contact efforts.
9. Contacts outside health care providers and communicates with subjects to obtain follow-up information.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. English Language – General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
2. Medicine and Dentistry – General knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventative health-care measures.
3. Mathematics – General knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
1. Active Listening - Basic skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
2. Coordination - Basic skills in adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
3. Reading Comprehension - Basic understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
4. Writing - Basic skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
5. Speaking - Basic skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
6. Critical Thinking - Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
7. Judgment and Decision Making - Basic skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
8. Monitoring - Basic skills in monitoring / assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
9. Time Management - Basic skills in managing one's own time and the time of others.
1. Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
2. Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
3. Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
4. Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
5. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
6. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
7. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
4. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
|Major (if required):
||Biology, Nursing, or related discipline
||1. Two (2) or more years of related relevant research experience.
2. Bilingual Spanish - English
||Experience with progressive neurodegenerative disease is preferred, although knowledge of ALS is not required.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.