Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 503885
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: NSU Contact Center
Categories: Call Center & Engagement Services
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Customer Service Representative I - NCC - 999858|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Supports achievement of key metrics ensuring delivering of a seamless, exceptional student and patient experience across a broad range of processes, applications and customer touch points including voice, email, web chats, texts, and faxes.
2. Helps the Admissions, Enrollment, Registration and Financial Aid processes to address student's reason(s) for their inquiry, answer questions, and assist with students in obtaining services needed.
3. Uses ERP and/or CRM systems to review prospective and current student records to help identify steps and documents needed to assist students in the enrollment and registration process.
4. Provides general information on academic procedures and processes such as student onboarding, academic advising next steps, testing, and academic and financial holds.
5. Leads students through enrollment processes including, but not limited to web registration, create account and program application, FAFSA, accessing email, transcript requests, setting up payment plans, accessing tax documents, registering for testing, new student informational sessions, and enrollment verifications.
6. Instructs students on navigating student portal to execute self-service actions; reviews for completeness submitted forms and paperwork required to complete steps in processes related to registration, advising, and financial aid.
7. Routes and re-routes students to appropriate campus office and personnel, e.g., Financial Aid, Academic Advisors, Registrar, and Business Office for more in-depth information, assistance, and problem resolution.
8. Schedules patient appointments for both primary and specialty care physician visits in accordance with established clinical and insurance requirements to improve access and care coordination.
9. Accesses Electronic Medical Records (EMR) to complete scheduling and registration, confirm appointments, verify information, answer inquiries, and resolve user issues in accordance with established protocols to ensure patient safety, compliance, and departmental policies and procedures.
10. Identifies patient’s liability, out of pocket expenses, and advise patients of past due balance.
11. Coordinates referrals and insurance requirements by obtaining and/or confirming patient information to ensure the patient receives maximum benefits for services.
12. Assures regulatory and compliance requirements follow local payor coverage determinations.
13. Ensures accurate pre-appointment registration.
14. Explains policies, procedures, or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge.
15. Refers patients to appropriate health care services or resources.
16. Ensures compliance with university and departmental policies and procedures as it relates to personal information, adherence to Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) to always safeguard protected personal and health information (PHI).
17. Uses telephony software to answer, coordinate, track, and monitor interactions across multiple channels of communication.
18. Refers patients to appropriate health care services or resources; refers unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
19. Checks to ensure that appropriate actions were taken to resolve customers' problems.
20. Demonstrates University's core values and service values in all interactions.
21. Completes special projects as assigned.
22. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. Customer and Personal Service - General knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
2. English Language - General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
3. Clerical - Working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
4. Computers and Electronics - Working knowledge of electronic equipment and computer hardware.
1. Complex Problem Solving – Proficient skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
2. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
3. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
4. Service Orientation - Proficient skills in actively looking for ways to help people.
5. Social Perceptiveness - Basic skills in being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
6. Time Management - Proficient skills in managing one's own time and the time of others.
7. Self-Direction - Proficient skills in motivating oneself to work independently, as well as working well within teams.
1. Oral Comprehension & Expression - The ability to listen to, understand, and communicate information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences so others will understand.
2. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
3. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
4. Written Comprehension & Expression - The ability to read, understand, and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
5. May be required to work nights or weekends.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
7. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||One (1) year of customer service experience.
|Preferred Qualifications:||1. Associate or Bachelor's degree.
2. One year of customer service experience in higher education, student services, and/or healthcare, or closely related experience.
3. Knowledge of all academic and Title IV programs, policies and procedures including institutional policies and federal and state regulations.
4. Experience using Banner, Recruit and/or Avaya systems.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology and terminology used by insurance and managed care health plans.
6. Knowledge of Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA).
7. Experience using NextGen and/or Avaya systems.
8. Bilingual Proficient in English and Spanish.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time