Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 503913
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: RX Rsrch-Trsfer Only
Categories: Research, Service, & Sponsored Programs
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Laboratory Research Assistant I - 996725|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Contributes to basic and applied teaching and research activities to support the curriculum; collects, analyzes, and processes laboratory samples or research data; performs a variety of tests, using routine and/or special techniques and methods.
2. Analyzes experimental data and interprets results to write reports and summaries of findings.
3. Assists in evaluating research methods, procedures, and techniques based on established objectives.
4. Cleans, maintains, and prepares supplies and work areas.
5. Sets up, adjusts, calibrates, cleans, maintains, and troubleshoots laboratory and field equipment.
6. Responsible for the maintaining, ordering, and receipt of supplies/materials, inventory control and facilitation.
7. Provides and maintains a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, committees, or teams and by conducting laboratory or facility safety audits.
8. Completes special projects as assigned.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. Biology - Working knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
2. Chemistry – Working knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
3. English Language – General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
1. Reading Comprehension - Basic understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
2. Active Listening - Basic skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
3. Critical Thinking - Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
4. Science - Basic skills using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
5. Complex Problem Solving - Basic skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
6. Active Learning - Basic skills in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
7. Judgment and Decision Making - Basic skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
8. Speaking - Basic skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
9. Systems Analysis - Basic skills in determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
1. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
2. Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
3. Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
4. Category Flexibility - The ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
5. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
3. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
4. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||High School Diploma and five (5) years of research laboratory experience.
Associate’s degree and three (3) years of research laboratory experience.
Bachelor’s degree and up to two (2) years of research laboratory experience.
|Preferred Qualifications:||Experience with Ariba.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time