Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 503914
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Miami, Florida
Department: Nursng-Baptist Entry Lvl BSN-Miami
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Program Director / Faculty (Rank TBD) - Entry BSN - 995697|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Develops and supervises the activities, and evaluates the performance, of the BSN & ABSN programs.
2. In coordination with the Undergraduate Department Chair and legal team, secures affiliation agreements with training sites including compliance with medical liability, HRSA, HIPPA etc. regulations.
3. Provides guidance and direction to program faculty and staff involved in the coordination, support, and instruction of the BSN & ABSN curriculums.
4. Secures, orients, and evaluates new faculty members and adjunct faculty in their support of BSN & ABSN-yearly activities.
5. Provides critical liaison with appropriate offices, department and external agencies involved in medical and allied health education.
6. Assists the Undergraduate Department Chair with budget preparation and management, as well as problem-solving activities related to the BSN & ABSN instruction and activities.
7. Prepares appropriate reports and necessary self-studies related to program accreditation.
8. Composes, edits, reviews and approves learning objectives and test items.
9. Assists the Undergraduate Department Chair in evaluating teaching and learning effectiveness of the BSN & ABSN curriculums.
10. Reviews educational literature and learning media to keep abreast of new teaching / learning strategies.
11. Counsels students with academic and/or personal problems, referring to appropriate personnel or agencies as necessary and in a timely manner.
12. Provides comprehensive updates and progress reports of BSN & ABSN curriculum activities at faculty and staff meetings.
13. Serves on Department committees as necessary and as appointed by the Dean, as well as appropriate College and University committees.
14. Composes, edits and continually reviews information for the BSN & ABSN Handbook, publishing it annually and reviewing contents in detail with the incoming BSN & ABSN class.
15. Teaches undergraduate or graduate course(s) in the classroom as assigned.
16. Selects teaching and evaluation strategies appropriate to the students and setting.
17. Creates a climate that is conducive to learning.
18. Provides and maintains a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
19. Displays behavior consistent with professional ethics.
20. May manage subordinates in the classroom or laboratory.
21. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the University policies and applicable laws.
22. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
23. Participates in state and /or local community service that is a recognized form of career development.
24. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
2. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
3. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, or professional organizations.
4. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
5. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
6. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
7. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc..).
8. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
2. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
3. Must be able to lift at least 25lbs.
|Required Certifications/Licensures:||Have or be eligible for State of Florida RN licensure|
|Required Education:||Doctoral Degree|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||Minimum of six (6) years of teaching/academic or related experience and/or training, including research.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||D.N.P., Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Nursing or closely related field.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time