Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504105
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: College of Osteo Med
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Faculty (Rank TBD) - Public Health - 996437|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Teaching undergraduate or graduate courses in the classroom as assigned.
2. Select teaching and evaluation strategies appropriate to the students and setting.
3. Present ideas clearly.
4. Create a climate that is conducive to learning.
5. Stimulate intellectual curiosity.
6. Provide and maintain a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
7. Participate in college and university wide committees and meetings.
8. Engage in curriculum and program development.
9. Maintain a personal professional development plan which must include teaching, research, scholarly activity and serve to assure growth and currency within the Public Health Field.
10. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
2. Participate in State, Local or National community service that is recognized from a career development.
|Required Education:||Terminal Degree (Highest degree in field of study)|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||At least three (3) years of public health practice.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time