Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504106
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Miami, Florida
Department: Nursng-Baptist Entry Lvl BSN-Miami
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Nursing Simulation & Skills Lab Manager - 992794|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Oversees and monitors expenditure and trends utilization of clinical supplies based on human patient simulation and nursing lab needs.
2. Identifies, organizes and manages supplies required for each nursing skill and human patient simulation clinical experience.
3. Orients faculty and students to the nursing and human patient simulations laboratory teaching and learning method.
4. Acts as clinical faculty resource and manages clinical skills practice sessions in the nursing skills and simulation laboratory.
5. Keeps up with current nursing practice and evidence-based research in human patient simulation and clinical skills education.
6. Enhances clinical nursing education using human patient simulation and skills lab experiences that support the didactic course content and level of the student.
7. Suggests and implements the newest educational experiences and teaching scenarios to enhance students nursing clinical experience as approved by the course faculty.
8. Modifies current human patient simulations to meet specific course objectives as recommended by the course faculty.
9. Identifies trends and patterns of learning in human patient simulation and nursing skills laboratory setting; communicating with the Clinical Services Coordinator and lead faculty regarding specific students' clinical course competencies.
10. Explores new innovations and equipment which could be utilized to increase the clinical realism of the human patient simulation and nursing skills experiences.
11. Communicates on regular basis with clinical manager of the simulation and skills labs on the other campuses, assuring consistency of human patient simulation and clinical lab practices across campuses.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Ability to orally communicate effectively in English with others.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in writing using the English language.
3. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
4. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, computer keyboards.
6. Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
|Required Certifications/Licensures:||Maintains current Florida RN license and certification.|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||Five (5) years related experience.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||Experience working with simulators.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time