Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504127
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Department: Osteopathic Principles-Clearwater
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Faculty (Rank TBD) - OM - 992226|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Teaches College of Osteopathic Medicine courses in the classroom or in small group discussion or laboratory as assigned.
2. Participates in ambulatory and hospital patient care and on call schedule.
3. Provides consultative services to college outpatient clinics.
4. Participates in small groups, laboratories, etc as requested.
5. Provides and maintain a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
6. Participates in department and college wide committee meetings.
7. Engages in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
8. Maintains a personal professional development plan which may include research or other creative activities to assure growth and current within the field of Osteopathic Principles and Practice.
9. Displays professional behavior and ethics in all aspects of job performance.
10. Performs other appropriate duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses, provide patient care and/or perform special duties as assigned and when applicable.
2. Participates in state, local and/or national community services recognized as a form of career development.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Clinical Experience.
2. Knowledge of the medical field.
3. Possess upright posture, endurance, strength, flexibility, stability and mobility adequate to safely guide, enhance and resist movement of another person, and to perform physical exams
4. Maintains equilibrium and control movement of self and of a patient or student in and changing between sitting, standing, prone, lateral recumbent and supine positions while performing neuromusculoskeletal diagnosis and osteopathic manipulative treatment
5. Communicates effectively, efficiently and in a sensitive manner both verbally and non-verbally in order to interact with all members in both educational and clinical settings.
|Required Certifications/Licensures:||Terminal degree (DO or MD degree) with board certification in appropriate area of specialization.|
|Required Education:||Terminal Degree (Highest degree in field of study)|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||D.O. or M.D. degree.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||Between four (4) to six (6) years of related experience and/or training, including research or equivalent combination or educational and clinical experience.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time