Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504146
Work Type: Temporary
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Temporary Administrative Assistant|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Assists in administrative activities for the research lab director.
2. Collect and compile data, create timelines and reports.
3. Maintain records and files with respect to accreditation and handle these in a confidential way when necessary
4. Reviews data and follows up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
5. Participates in and coordinates weekly meetings with other committee members.
6. Assist in the preparation of reports or special projects.
7. Performs other duties as required
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Assists with other administrative functions.
2. Performs special projects as assigned.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g., filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Strong administration skills - organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
|Job Requirements:||1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalen|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||High School Diploma and two (2) years of administrative experience in an office environment.
Associate's Degree and one (1) year of administrative experience in an office environment.
|Preferred Qualifications:||Familiarity with Zoom, Teams, Banner, Kronos|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time