Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504172
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Department: Osteopathic Physiology-Clearwater
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Faculty (Rank TBD) - Foundational Sciences - Pathophysiology - 991615|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Prepares, teaches, grades, and assesses student learning in courses assigned.
2. Selects teaching and evaluation strategies appropriate to students.
3. Structures classes to correspond with curriculum, program, and course outcomes.
4. Provides perspectives that include a respect for diverse views; responds to student inquiries.
5. Provides and maintains office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation, and consultation.
6. Participates in department and college wide committees and meetings.
7. Participates in state and/or local community service that is a recognized form of career development.
8. Mentors and/or orients new faculty as assigned.
9. Collaborates with the Associate Dean of the Bachelor's, Master's and Community Education to deliver the Post Baccalaureate Program.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Engages in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
2. Maintains a personal professional development plan, which may include research and/or other creative activities, to assure growth and currency within the academic field.
3. Displays behavior consistent with professional ethics.
4. Guides students during laboratory practical sessions.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Demonstrated ability to utilize a variety of teaching methods including lecture, discussion, collaborative learning and individualized instruction.
2. Ability to analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals.
3. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, or professional organizations in the English language.
4. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
5. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
6. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
7. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).
8. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing using the English language.
9. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, and support staff at all levels.
10. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
|Required Education:||Doctoral Degree|
|Major (if required):||Ph.D., D.O. or M.D. degree.|
|Required Experience:||Two (2) years of related experience and/or training, including research or equivalent combination of educational and clinical experience.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time