Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504202
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.), FTL
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Faculty (Rank TBD) - Audiology - 998557|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Teaching graduate course(s) in the classroom as assigned.
2. Provide clinical supervision of students as assigned.
3. Select teaching, supervision, and evaluation strategies appropriate to the students and setting.
4. Maintain a personal professional development plan, which may include research and/or other creative activities, to assure growth and currency within the academic field.
5. Present ideas clearly.
6. Create a climate that is conducive to learning.
7. Stimulates intellectual curiosity.
8. Provide and maintain a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
9. Participate in department and college-wide committees and meetings.
10. Engage in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
11. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics.
12. Participate in state and/or local community service that is a recognized from a career development.
13. Supervise students in the clinic.
14. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the University's policies and applicable laws.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
2. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
3. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, and professionals.
4. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
5. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
6. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
7. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
8. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff at all levels.
9. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
|Required Certifications/Licensures:||Eligible for licensure as an audiologist in the State of Florida.|
|Required Education:||Doctoral Degree|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||1. Must be a graduate of an accredited audiology program.
2. Minimum of five years of clinical experience.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time