Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504203
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Health Care Sci-Student Affairs
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Administrative Coordinator I - PPCHCS Office of Student Affairs - 994252|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Coordinates administrative activities / functions within department to ensure efficient operations.
2. Responds to inquiries and resolves non-routine problems requiring broad understanding of work-area policies and procedures to ensure questions are answered and issues resolved in a timely manner.
3. Reviews data and follows up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
4. Enters data and generates reports from NSU specific software systems to ensure accurate processing and record-keeping.
5. Oversees immunizations, drug testing, and background checks processes various programs and locations.
6. Coordinates students' events for numerous programs and sites requiring working evening and weekends.
7. Serves as the student affairs representative for the Committee on Student Progress to ensure that university and college policies are followed and also serves as a representative on University and college committees.
8. Assists in updating the Student Affairs website, events calendar, and programs' materials.
9. Maintains department files and databases in accordance with accreditation guidelines.
10. Serves as the initial contact and program liaison for students in program-related manners and advises students of campus resources.
11. Prepares and submits supply orders, purchase orders, work orders, travel requests and reimbursements. Coordinates travel arrangements for faculty and staff.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Assists with other administrative functions.
2. Performs special projects as assigned.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; database and data entry skills.
2. Ability to travel to various NSU sites (Regional Campuses).
3. Demonstrated skills building strong professional relationships with individuals at all levels of the University.
4. Ability to interpret and explain guidelines, policies, and procedures.
5. Decision-making and problem solving skills.
6. Excellent organization and planning skills, including calendar and event management.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
8. Information gathering and monitoring skills; including the ability to prepare reports, while maintaining confidentiality.
9. Takes initiative, is flexible, and provides great attention to detail and accuracy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||High School Diploma and three (3) years of administrative experience in academics, healthcare, business, or related area.
Associate's Degree and two (2) years of administrative experience in academics, healthcare, business, or related area.
|Preferred Qualifications:||1. Knowledge of NSU and the College of Health Care Sciences.
2. Familiarity with Ariba, Banner, Kronos, Paytrax, and other NSU systems.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time