Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504209
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Library Research Tech Center
Categories: Library Services
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Librarian I - Adult Services - 996177|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Provide reference and readers advisory service to NSU-affiliated library users and Broward County users in person, by phone, and via computer.
2. Assist library users in the use and interpretation of the library collections and in identifying and accessing appropriate materials.
3. Provide instruction on the use of in-house and online library resources.
4. Create and implement programs for the educational, cultural, and recreational needs of adults.
5. Maintain statistical and usage records as needed.
6. Participate in collection development activities to recommend selection and weeding of library materials.
7. Promote the enjoyment of reading and the importance of library card ownership.
8. Assist in the creating and maintaining of web ages.
9. Prepare bibliographies and guides in subject areas.
10. Assist with annual assessment of programs and services.
11. Conduct outreach visits to community partnering agencies, as assigned.
12. May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of volunteers and/or student employees.
13. Contribute to the profession in areas such as service, library or university-wide committee work, professional activities, or research.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Participate in department, library, and university-wide committees as needed.
2. Attend appropriate NSU library and/or Broward County Library meetings.
3. Keep current with recent developments/trends in library services for adults.
4. Perform other appropriate duties as assigned.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices and techniques.
2. Current computer skills, including online searching.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
|Required Education:||Master's Degree|
|Major (if required):||Master's in Library Science from an ALA Accredited school.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time