Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504210
Work Type: Part Time without Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Medical Education
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Medical Education Student Tutor|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Part Time without Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Attend all training sessions.
2. Utilize the following platforms and NSU systems (Zoom: Video Conferencing, Web
Conferencing, online NSU SharkTime (payroll system)
3. Review all course material and facilitate tutoring sessions for assigned course(s)
4. Deliver presentations to students which follow the current course syllabi.
5. Facilitate tutoring and/or study table sessions while incorporating interactive learning
6. Facilitate large reviews sessions.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to prioritize tasks.
3. Ability to collaborate with other tutors in shared sessions.
|Job Requirements:||KPCOM DO medical students who have successfully completed the course they are providing tutoring services for.|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||1. Good academic standing.
2. Have obtained a letter grade of “A” or a percentage range of 90% or higher in the
course(s) the student tutor in.
|Preferred Qualifications:||For students tutoring OPP courses, membership to the Student American Academy of Osteopathy (SAAO) would be favorable.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time