Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504219
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Department: Osteo Med Dean's Office-Clearwater
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Faculty (Rank TBD) - Nutrition- RD Program - 991614|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Teaches College of Osteopathic Medicine courses in the classroom or in small group discussion or laboratory as assigned.
2. Participates in or leads research and scholarly activities within the department and across the university.
3. Provides consultative services to college outpatient clinics.
4. Participates in small groups, laboratories, etc. as requested.
5. Provides and maintains a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
6. Participates in department and college-wide committee meetings.
7. Engages in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
8.Maintains a personal professional development plan, which may include research or other creative activities to assure growth within field.
9. Displays professional behavior and ethics in all aspects of job performance.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:||Participates in state and/or local community services recognized as a form of career development.|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Must have high technical ability for learning management systems and course development as a content expert.
2. Must be able to adapt and be willing to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
3. Excellent leadership, management, organizational and prioritization skills.
4. Strong knowledge of human nutrition, physiology and related topic areas.
5. Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
6. Proficient in the following software: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
7. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses, provide patient care and/or perform special duties as assigned.
8. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors, and support staff at all levels.
|Required Certifications/Licensures:||1. Active Florida licensure for nutrition and dietetics for clinical services.
2. Current Registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration. Candidates with extensive academic experience in nutrition may be considered in lieu of RDN credential.
|Required Education:||Terminal Degree (Ph.D.)|
|Major (if required):||Human Nutrition or closely related field|
|Required Experience:||Previous teaching experience in higher education of at least three (3) to five (5) years.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||1. Previous experience in a similar position and working knowledge of the ACEND accreditation standards.
2. Must have a robust and developed Curriculum Vitae indicating an active contribution within the profession of nutrition.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time