Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504220
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Academic Administration / Instructional Design & Support / Management / Executive
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Assessment & Accreditation Specialist I - 998209|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||The first priority of all members of the Law Center's Deans office is to serve the Law Center's clients, applicants, faculty, students, alumni and patrons. Each team member will not be limited by this job description in an effort to assist our constituency, but will perform tasks assigned by supervisor(s). Team members will be readily available, visible, and accessible to faculty, students and patrons, and if unable to answer an inquiry, they will ensure assistance is provided by another member of the Law Center team.
1. Coordinates the accreditation process for assigned programs, keeping the process moving toward completion and on schedule.
2. Acts as liaison between the University, college(s), and the accrediting agency.
3. Requests information needed from appropriate parties, audits data and identifies gaps, and enters information into accreditation database.
4. Provides consultation, guidance, and assistance to the academic unit in meeting the accrediting agency's requirements.
5. Informs and advises stakeholders of accrediting agency policies and changes thereto; monitors, documents, and reports on compliance efforts.
6. Drafts narratives that are congruent with supporting data.
7. Provides management with project status reports and updates.
8. Coordinates the Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes (ASLO) for assigned degree programs.
9. Collaborates with faculty, staff, University committees, external consultants, and senior management to compile and analyze degree program data, schedule and/or facilitate meetings, and prepare recommendations and action plans.
10. Develops program evaluation and assessment tools based on defined goals and objectives.
11. Prepares reports on the outcomes of the assessment and evaluation of programs and provides leadership and assistance to integrate results from various data sources to support programmatic change.
12. Conducts needs assessments and strategic learning assessments to develop the basis for curriculum development or to update curricula.
13. Contributes to the development or implementation of business unit strategic and operating plans.
14. Performs library and/or internet research in support of the development and implementation of research and assessment plans.
15. Develops methods for gathering and analyzing data regarding learning outcomes, student and institutional characteristics, demographics, community needs assessments, student enrollment, retention and attrition, graduation and licensing, faculty competency and performance, and/or the effectiveness of various instructional and research methodologies.
16. Develops and designs surveys to collect student feedback; analyzes data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations based on survey results.
17. Evaluates sources of information to determine any limitations in terms of reliability or usability.
18. Checks source data to verify completeness and accuracy.
19. Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis.
20. Analyzes and interprets statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
21. Identifies relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
22. Presents research results to faculty, staff, and management.
23. Files data and related information and maintains and updates databases.
24. Maintains data integrity and confidentiality.
25. Assists in formulating strategic business plans for the University and/or College.
26. Trains and supports users of accreditation and assessment software systems.
27. Generates reports to audit data quality, ensure accuracy, and increase productivity.
28. Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
29. Ensures compliance with university policies and procedures; county, state, federal, and international regulations; professional association guidelines; and accreditation requirements.
30. Completes special projects as assigned.
31. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. Administration and Management - Working knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, budgeting, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and/or coordination of people and resources.
2. Customer and Personal Service - Working knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
3. English Language - General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4. Education and Training - Working knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
1. Critical Thinking - Proficient skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
2. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
3. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
4. Judgment and Decision Making - Proficient skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
5. Writing - Proficient skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
6. Complex Problem Solving - Proficient skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
7. Active Listening - Basic skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
1. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
2. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
3. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
4. Fluency of Ideas - The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. May be required to work nights or weekends.
5. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
7. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||Up to two (2) years of accreditation experience in higher education.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time