Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504221
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Department: P.G.Ed - C.E.M.E. OPTI
Categories: Research, Service, & Sponsored Programs
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Psychiatry Resident|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||Yes|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Attend and participate in all academic programs, including but not limited to lecture series, psychiatry seminars and journal club.
2. Staff correctional medicine facilities as assigned.
3. Attend rotations as assigned.
4. Completes all residency programs training requirements established by the appropriate certifying specialty board.
5. Demonstrates competency and professional behavior in conducting assigned patient care responsibilities.
6. Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Ability to demonstrate spoken, auditory, reading, and writing proficiency in the English language
2. Be able to meet, with or without reasonable accommodation, all duties and responsibilities as described in our policies and procedures
|Job Requirements:||1. Meet the requirements set by the Florida Board of Medicine or Florida Board of Osteopathic Medicine for Initial Licensing of Resident
2. Evidence of passing COMLEX Level l and 2/USMLE Step 1 and 2
|Required Certifications/Licensures:||1. Graduation from an accredited and acceptable medical school (MD or DO), as outlined by the Florida Board of Medicine or the Florida Board of Osteopathic Medicine
2. Must be eligible for licensure with the State of Florida.
|Required Education:||Terminal Degree (Highest degree in field of study)|
|Major (if required):||MD or DO degree|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time