Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504741
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Admissions / Financial Aid / Enrollment Management
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Admission Services Representative I - 997198|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Provides support in completing application and enrollment documents.
2. Reviews student applications by analyzing credentials, computing GPAs, reviewing support documents such as transcripts, and preparing application packages for admissions decisions.
3. Contacts prospective students to present information and/or explain available programs and services. Communicates with prospects about admission requirements, program offerings, and/or curriculum, by telephone or email.
4. Collaborates with admissions colleagues, academic advisers, financial aid officers, and residential life personnel to create an effective yield team and ensure a smooth transition from inquiry to enrolled student status.
5. Participates in on-campus promotional activities, including conferences, educational fairs, career days, open houses, campus tours, or special events to present programs to prospective students.
6. Inputs status of significant admission decisions into database.
7. Sorts or classifies information according to guidelines, such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order.
8. Compiles, sorts, and verifies the accuracy of data before it is entered.
9. Sets up and manages paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as correspondence, or other material.
10. Compares data with source documents, or re-enters data in verification format to detect errors.
11. Stores complete documents in appropriate locations.
12. Inputs data, such as file numbers, new or updated information, or document information codes into computer systems to support document and information retrieval.
13. Locates and corrects data entry errors or reports them to supervisors.
14. Prepares responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries. Answers questions about records or files.
15. Keeps records of materials filed or removed, using logbooks or computers and generate computerized reports.
16. Performs administrative duties, including but not limited to answering phones, greeting visitors, handling mail collection and distribution, ordering and dispensing supplies, proofreading, or transcribing documents, among others.
17. Maintains student data integrity and confidentiality.
18. Completes special projects as assigned.
19. Performs other duties as assigned or required
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Schedules and confirms appointments.
2. Coordinates conferences, meetings, or special events.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. General knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
2. Clerical - Working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
3. Customer and Personal Service – Working knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
4. English Language - Working knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
1. Speaking – Basic skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
2. Writing - Basic skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
3. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
4. Service Orientation - Basic skills in actively looking for ways to help people.
5. Critical Thinking – Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
6. Time Management - Proficient skills in managing one's own time.
1. Ability to exercise proper telephone protocol and handle difficult customer situations.
2. Ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
3. Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
4. Ability to exercise proper telephone protocol and handle difficult customer situations.
5. Ability to adapt to changes in policies/procedures, workload, etc.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. May be required to work nights or weekends.
5. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
7. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||Two (2) years of clerical/administrative experience in an office environment.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time