Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504748
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: College of Osteo Med
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Administrative Coordinator I - AHEC - 991554|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||Yes|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Coordinates administrative activities / functions within department to ensure efficient operations.
2. Provides administrative functions for the Associate Dean of Community Affairs and AHEC Program.
3. Responds to department inquiries and resolves non-routine problems requiring broad understanding of work-area policies and procedures in a timely manner to ensure questions are answered and resolved.
4. Reviews data and follows up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
5. Enters expenditure requests for department and follows-up regarding processing and receipt of items.
6. Generates reports from NSU specific software systems to ensure accurate processing and record-keeping.
7. Collaborates with the AHEC sponsored program team to assist as may be needed with funding activities and initiatives.
8. Collaborates with other College and University departments to ensure efficient operations of Community Affairs department and AHEC Program.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Assists with other administrative functions.
2. Performs special projects as assigned.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g., filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Strong administration skills – organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
9. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
10. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
1. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
2. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||High School Diploma and three (3) years of administrative experience in an office environment, and/or coordinating a function within office.
Associate's Degree and two (2) years of administrative experience in an office environment, and/or coordinating a function within an office.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time