Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504754
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Psy Clinic Front Office
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Patient Access Coordinator - 996540|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Leads, trains and monitors the work of clinical staff to ensure work is performed according to clinical
standards and regulations.
2. Performs daily front desk operations including financial transactions related to Medicaid, Medicare,
HMO and vision insurances for services rendered.
3. Resolves patient/customer complaints and concerns.
4. Generates necessary paperwork to correct inaccurate diagnosis and procedure codes to ensure
accurate claims and maximize revenue collections.
5. Schedules patient appointments to ensure smooth patient flow and business operations.
6. Responds to internal and external inquiries and resolves complex problems requiring a broad
understanding of policies and procedures.
7. Other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
2. Assist supervisors, faculty and students in special projects as required.
3. Attend meetings/additional trainings as necessary
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet
2. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent customer service and phone etiquette skills.
4. Proficient bookkeeping skills.
5. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
6. Ability to maintain confidential information.
7. Strong administrative skills ? organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to
8. Ability to provide training.
9. Ability and willingness to provide coverage in other areas/facilities.
10. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
1. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
3. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
4. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in
performance of job duties.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
6. Must be able to climb, bend, and carry patient records and supplies.
7. Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 10lbs
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||High School Diploma and two (2) years of customer service / administrative experience in an office environment.
Associate's Degree and one (1) year customer service / administrative experience in an office
|Preferred Qualifications:||1. Bilingual: Spanish/English; Creole Haitian/English.
2. Experience with Electronic Medical Record system.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time