Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504764
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: FBF-SFCC-Prev.of Opioids& Sub Abuse
Categories: Research, Service, & Sponsored Programs
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Research Program Coordinator - 991553|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||Yes|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Participates in the preparation and management of project budgets and monetary disbursements.
2. Oversees participant enrollment to ensure that informed consent is properly obtained and documented, where applicable.
3. Tracks enrollment status of participants and documents attrition and engagement.
4. Contacts community organizations and liaises with community partners to obtain project information.
5. Prepares project-related documentation such as data reports, social media posts, podcasts, curricular materials, institutional review board documents, and progress reports.
6. Responds to inquiries requiring in-depth understanding of work-area policies and procedures and resolves complex problems to ensure questions are answered and issues resolved timely.
7. Composes and edits internal and external complex communications to ensure professional communications.
8. Compiles and organizes documentation, develops and maintains electronic filing systems to ensure appropriate document retention.
9. Coordinates complex projects and communication materials; organizes high profile events, conferences, and meetings to ensure a professional outcome.
10. Enters data and generates reports from NSU specific software systems to ensure accurate processing and record keeping.
11. Schedules meetings/appointments/events and coordinates travel to ensure timely scheduling.
12. Maintains required records of project activity including project data, monthly reports and annual reports.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
2. Medicine - Knowledge of the information and techniques used to manage population health and prevention-based curriculum for opioid and substance abuse.
3. Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
1. Active Listening - Basic skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
2. Coordination - Basic skills in adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
3. Reading Comprehension - Basic understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
4. Writing - Basic skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
5. Speaking - Basic skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
6. Critical Thinking - Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
7. Judgment and Decision Making - Basic skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
8. Monitoring - Basic skills in monitoring / assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
9. Time Management - Basic skills in managing one's own time and the time of others.
1. Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
2. Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
3. Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
4. Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
5. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
6. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
7. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
4. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||High School diploma or equivalent and five (5) or more years of related relevant experience.
Associate’s degree/60 credit hours and three (3) years’ relevant experience.
-- OR –
Bachelor’s Degree and one (1) year of relevant experience
|Preferred Qualifications:||Previous experience in research related activities.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time