Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504765
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Physical Plant
Categories: Facilities Management - Design, Construction, Maintenance, Skilled Trades
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Groundskeeper - 991564|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Assists with the maintenance of athletic fields/facilities; preparing fields/facilities for use, including but not limited to lining/marking fields for play, infield preparation, and mowing.
2. Completes all weekly/monthly scheduled plans and work for regular routine grounds maintenance.
3. Performs landscape maintenance and/or landscape enhancement projects, including but not limited to: sod work, removal and/or planting of trees and plant material, and assisting in the installation and maintenance of annual plant beds.
4. Accesses and utilizes the Physical Plant work order system to meet customer requests in a timely fashion.
5. Completes all work orders and requests for grounds maintenance.
6. Responds to and performs requests for nuisance wildlife management services including trapping and/or removal.
1. 24/7 on call status for emergencies and hurricane response.
2. Ability to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
This list is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all inclusive. A supervisor /manager may assign other duties to meet the mission requirements of the University and cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Responsible for assisting in event operations. This can include but not limited to relocation of equipment and fixtures, lining fields, and oversight for post event cleanup/custodial services.
2. Assist and/or attend athletic events as required.
3. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Ability to work hands on within the trade requirement.
2. Work in a neat, careful, and safe manner to prevent injury to self and others to prevent damage to any material, equipment, or property, and to follow all prescribed safety rules and procedures.
3. Work in a positive, cooperative manner with other departmental personnel and vendors.
4. Demonstrate basic mechanical understanding of all ground’s equipment.
5. Knowledge and experience in athletic turf maintenance, as well as landscape enhancements.
1. Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull a variety of tools, equipment and materials.
2. Must be able to safely lift 85 pounds.
3. Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel.
4. Must be able to handle a variety of hand and power tools.
5. Exposed to wet and very hot conditions.
6. Exposed to noise and vibration from operating machinery.
|Required Certifications/Licensures:||1. Have and maintain a valid Florida Driver License with no more than three (3) points.|
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||1. Two (2) years’ experience in landscaping, athletics fields and turf management.
2. Knowledge of plant identification and planting techniques including layout, spacing, installation, and proficiency with landscape tools and equipment.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||Yes|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time