Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504771
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Dania, Florida
Department: Ocean-Library Supprt
Categories: Library Services
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Librarian I - Oceanography Library - 993600|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Provides professional reference service to all NSU-affiliated library users, both local and distance, in person, by phone, and via computer.
2. Assists library users in the use and interpretation of the library collections and in identifying and accessing appropriate materials for research purposes.
3. Provides individualized and group instruction on the use of library resources, including use of specialized databases, and produce documentation to assist in training and teaching.
4. Participates in collection development activities to recommend selection and weeding of library materials.
5. Assists in the creating and maintaining of web pages.
6. Prepares bibliographies and guides in subject areas.
7. May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of library volunteers, and/or student employees.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Participates on department, library and university-wide committees as needed.
2. Attends professional library meetings away from the campus, representing the library to the larger community. Participate in SEFLIN committees and events as needed.
3. Prepares special projects, such as surveys, flyers, documentation and statistical reports, as needed.
4. Acts as liaison and promote library services to NSU students, faculty, and staff.
5. Stays current in professional library literature and participate in professional activities.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices and techniques.
2. Current computer skills, including online searching.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
|Required Education:||Master's Degree|
|Major (if required):||Library Science from an ALA-accredited school.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||1. Undergraduate degree in the sciences.
2. Experience working in a STEM library.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time