Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504781
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Development - Alumni, Donor, & Community Relations / Fundraising & Advancement
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Director of Development - Corporate and Foundation Relations - 998994|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Leads the planning and implementation of a strategic development plan for assigned units in collaboration with the Senior Directors or Executive Directors of Development.
2. Prepares annually a strategic fund-raising plan that establishes the goals and development initiatives to be accomplished.
3. Takes the lead in the developing the case for support for major giving priorities within assigned unit(s); effectively communicates the overall NSU case for support; articulates the impact of philanthropic gifts at all levels.
4. Manages and advances a portfolio of approximately 150 to 200 prospects.
5. Conducts an average of four strategic actions weekly, including two meaningful face-to-face prospect visits.
6. Maintains current, accurate Prospect Management reports on Banner, including: a. strategic action reports; b. prospect pipeline; c. prospect status; and, d. prospect list.
7. Identifies and prioritizes the resources and opportunities needed to design and implement short and long-term fund-raising strategies to advance major gift prospects.
8. Identifies new prospects having the inclination and capacity to qualify as major gift prospects.
9. Develops and tracks, in collaboration with University Advancement staff, proposals to be submitted to businesses and organizations.
10. Assists colleagues with gift planning, event, and annual giving solicitation strategies, information, and other related data with the purpose of raising philanthropic dollars through various solicitation vehicles.
11. Oversees major gift fund-raising activities by any member of the unit(s) assigned, including student/alumni/volunteer organizations.
12. Organizes and addresses public gatherings; conducts meetings of volunteers and donors designed to identify prospective donors and advance prospects.
13. Assists in developing and implementing strategies for increasing NSU pride and the visibility of philanthropy to the university through communication activities.
14. Focuses on Corporation and Foundation relationships.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Represents NSU, University Advancement, and unit(s) assigned at activities as needed.
2. Upon approval of the Senior Directors or Executive Directors of Development, participates in divisional, unit and university committees, as requested.
3. Creates office systems to support all processes and procedures for project operations.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with faculty and staff members of unit(s) assigned and throughout NSU.
2. Demonstrated experience and understanding of development strategies and alumni relations, particularly major gift development.
3. Ability to independently organize and schedule appointments to assure that targets for the number of personal visits and/or personal contacts are met each month.
4. Ability to communicate effectively as evidenced by clarity and conciseness of oral and written presentations.
5. Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with others.
6. Computer experience including Internet research, MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, Windows and relational database experience.
7. Ability to travel.
8. Must be disciplined, detailed and result-oriented.
9. Must be highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
|Required Certifications/Licensures:||Must possess a valid Driver's License and automobile insurance.|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||1. Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible fund-raising experience.
2. Minimum of three (3) years successful experience in Corporate and Foundation Relations, major giving, planned giving, or senior level development work.
|Preferred Qualifications:||1. Master's Degree.
2. Five (5) years of experience in fund-raising within a higher education or hospital setting.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time