Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504782
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: University Relations
Categories: Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Digital Content Writer/Producer - 991602|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Collaborates across teams in delivering strategic communications, exploring how to effectively story tell around differentiating research and University strengths.
2. Assists with managing larger projects that support the overall strategy of the division.
3. Helps identify current trends and topical issues that could potentially elevate the reputation of the University though visible engagements.
4. Monitors and interprets fast-moving story developments, effectively communicating across internal and external channels.
5. Researches, interviews, writes, and delivers topical, trending copy that is designed for web and social publishing. Reports, writes, and edits human-interest content that strives to make academic and scientific research accessible, interesting, and relevant to people who aren't scientists or professors. Delivers weekly and daily stories as needed. Includes collaborating with the PR team on social posts for NSU’s social channels and news stories.
6. Oversees, coordinates, and delivers on content creation from conception and completion through publishing and distribution. Produces content weekly and daily as needed. The Digital Content Writer/Producer will help determine the appropriate medium for each individual story: text, still photography, audio, video, or other multimedia.
7. Assists in sourcing photography and scheduling/managing photoshoots. Oversees video-based projects from conception to completion. Conducts or manages video shoots (camera operation, lighting, audio recording and mixing). Develops creative and innovative methods to package fresh and existing content in multiple formats tailored to the University’s various platforms - using video, podcasts, infographics, and other media as appropriate.
8. Understands how to manage the content development process to consider optimization for web, digital searchability, and viral potential as well as coordinating that with channel distribution.
9. Interacts and builds strong relationships with college team members to uncover story opportunities and build and broaden the reach of stories.
10. Uses data to determine effectiveness of stories hitting target audiences and channels.
11. Provides coverage of events as needed. Align work with shared University content calendar and keeps track to make sure stories and output are aligned with monthly themes and desired outcomes.
12. Generates and brings new and fresh ideas about stories and approaches to coverage that are most user-friendly and shareable. Maintains projects on a shared annual project and content list.
13. Works with creative team and others on the PR & Marketing team to ensure brand consistency on multimedia projects.
14. Proficient in the Adobe suite and CMS platforms.
15. Other duties or projects as assigned as appropriate.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||KNOWLEDGE:
1. English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
2. Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, visual, verbal, and interactive communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and persuade via written, oral, and visual media.
3. Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for describing and promoting programs and services in order to achieve desired outcomes.
4. Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
1. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work- related documents.
2. Writing - Proficient skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
3. Time Management - Proficient skills in managing one's own time and the time of others.
4. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
5. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
6. Critical Thinking - Proficient skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
7. Persuasion - Proficient skills in persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
8. Social Perceptiveness - Proficient skills in being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
1. Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
2. Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
3. Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
4. Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
5. Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
6. Fluency of Ideas - The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
7. Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
3. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
4. May be required to work nights or weekends.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Major (if required):||Journalism, English, Communications, Marketing, related field, or relevant experience.|
|Required Experience:||1. Three (3) to five (5) years of relevant multimedia writing and editing experience in digital content development, writing/blogging and editing, editorial planning, and metrics analysis and tracking in a communications function.
2. Must provide a multimedia portfolio that demonstrates excellence in digital, web, and creative storytelling.
|Preferred Qualifications:||Bilingual in Spanish.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time