Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504873
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Library Research Tech Center
Categories: Library Services
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Library Assistant/TS/Catalog|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Coordinates the selection, evaluation and downloading of machine readable records of books and audiovisual materials to ensure access to an array of material for patrons.
2. Coordinates copy cataloging and oversees the catalog processing queue to ensure materials are available for patrons.
3. Performs copy cataloging activities to identify, match and revise vendor records to ensure accuracy of cataloging records.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Excellent organizational and customer services skills.
2. Ability to work in a Microsoft Windows-based environment.
3. Ability to learn new software applications quickly and adaptability to changing technologies.
4. Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
5. Ability to work as a member of a team.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. Must be able to lift and/or move books/carts that weigh at least 30lbs.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||One (1) year of related clerical or customer service experience.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||Library experience preferred.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time