Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504874
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Library Research Tech Center
Categories: Library Services
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Library Assistant/Circulation|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Provides circulation services to library users and assistance in the use of online research tools, process of overdue materials and check-in and check-out of materials to ensure a positive customer experience.
2. Answers directional questions and refers patrons to appropriate personnel to ensure that the needs of library customers are met.
3. Participates in collection inventory projects and shelving to enhance the quality of service for the community.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Ability and willingness to work weekend and evening hours and some holidays.
2. Excellent organizational and customer services skills.
3. Ability to work in a Microsoft Windows-based environment.
4. Ability to learn new software applications quickly and adaptability to changing technologies.
5. Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
6. Ability to work as a member of a team.
7. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others;
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
4. Must be able to lift and/or move books/carts that weigh at least 30lbs;
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||High School Diploma, and one (1) year of related clerical or customer service experience.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||Library experience preferred.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time