Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504934
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Admissions / Financial Aid / Enrollment Management
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Admissions Counselor – Graduate Admissions - 993151|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Develops prospects from current students, faculty, referral leads, conferences, educational fairs, career days, campus tours, or special events.
2. Contacts prospective students to present information and/or explain available programs and services. Communicates with prospects about admission requirements, program offerings, curriculum, and/or basic financial aid information by various means of communication.
3. Determines students' educational needs and prepares proposals to provide services that address these needs.
4. Handles and processes inquiries timely and accurately.
5. Provides assistance in completing application and enrollment documents.
6. Provides outreach to applicants throughout their journey in the funnel up through point of enrollment and working with key staff in transitioning the applicant to a newly enrolled student.
7. Conducts a preliminary review of applicant files including evaluation of transcripts, grades, curriculum and quality of schools, letters of recommendation, essay, extracurricular activities, and any other information pertinent to the application; transfers file to designated admission committee or reviewer and updates information in the University student database.
8. Rejects applicants that do not meet minimum program requirements.
9. Schedules and participates in student interviews.
10. Provides guidance to faculty interview teams regarding the evaluation process and legal guidelines to ensure that interviews are conducted in compliance with non-discrimination regulations.
11. Prepares reports of activities and tracking of prospects' and suspects' inquiries, applications, and student outcomes up to and including enrollment.
12. Manages yield strategies for prospects and applicants. Collaborates with admissions colleagues, academic advisers, and financial aid officers to ensure a smooth transition from inquiry to enrolled student status.
13. Develops and maintains a network of relationships that will serve to increase enrollment, such as alumni, students, business community, government agencies, healthcare facilities, professional organizations, student groups, and colleges and universities.
14. Maintains knowledge of program requirements, course requirements and sequencing, and establishes and maintains relationships with program faculty.
15. Makes presentations on programs and admissions to groups to attract new students.
16. Coordinates or participates in promotional activities, including conferences, educational fairs, career days, campus tours, or special events to present programs to prospective students.
17. Attends college and/or NSU events in promotion of programs and to create awareness.
18. Serves in a public relations capacity at professional, civic, and business functions.
19. Identifies main client groups and audiences and determines the best way to communicate and engage audiences to elicit desired outcomes.
20. Researches, develops, and implements recruiting strategies for specific market segments.
21. Monitors industry statistics and follows trends in trade literature.
22. Measures and assesses customer satisfaction.
23. Forecasts and tracks marketing and enrollment trends, analyzing collected data.
24. Maintains student data integrity and confidentiality.
25. Serves on one or more committees as assigned.
26. Manages travel expenses timely and accurately in accordance with established policies and procedures.
27. Completes special projects as assigned.
28. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. Digital Media - Working knowledge of digital media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and persuade via digital, web, and social media.
2. Customer and Personal Service - Working knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
3. English Language - General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4. Marketing - Working knowledge of principles and methods for describing and promoting programs and services in order to achieve desired outcomes.
5. General knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
1. Persuasion - Basic skills in persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
2. Service Orientation - Basic skills in actively looking for ways to help people.
3. Active Listening - Basic skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
4. Critical Thinking - Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
5. Speaking - Basic skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
6. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
7. Social Perceptiveness - Basic skills in being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
8. Judgment and Decision Making - Basic skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
9. Self-Direction - Basic skills in motivating oneself to work independently, as well as working well within teams.
1. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
2. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
3. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
1. Speech recognition - must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech clarity - must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near vision - must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. Travel - must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
5. May be required to work nights or weekends.
6. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
7. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
8. Must be able to exert maximum muscle force to lift and hold a minimum of 50 pounds.
9. Must have a valid driver's license with reliable local transportation.
|Required Certifications/Licensures:||Valid Driver’s license.|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's degree|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||One (1) year of student services-related experience.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||Bilingual (English - Spanish)|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time