Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504940
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Admissions / Financial Aid / Enrollment Management
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Admissions Services Representative I - 994967|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Provides assistance in completing application and enrollment documents.
2. Reviews student applications by analyzing credentials, computing GPAs, reviewing support documents such as transcripts, and preparing application packages for admissions decisions.
3. Collaborates with admissions colleagues, academic advisers, financial aid officers, and residential life personnel to create an effective yield team and ensure a smooth transition from inquiry to enrolled student status.
4. Participates in promotional activities, including educational fairs, career days, open houses, or special events to present programs to prospective students.
5. Inputs status of significant admission decisions into database.
6. Maintains student data integrity and confidentiality.
7. Sorts or classifies information according to guidelines, such as content, purpose, user criteria, or chronological, alphabetical, or numerical order.
8. Compiles, sorts and verifies the accuracy of data before it is entered.
9. Compares data with source documents, or re-enters data in verification format to detect errors.
10. Stores completed documents in appropriate locations.
11. Inputs data, such as file numbers, new or updated information, or document information codes into computer systems to support document and information retrieval.
12. Locates and corrects data entry errors, or reports them to supervisors.
13. Answers questions about records or files.
14. Keeps records of materials filed or removed, using logbooks or computers and generate computerized reports.
15. Answers telephones, directs calls, and takes messages.
16. Greets persons entering establishment, determines nature and purpose of visit, and directs or escorts them to specific destinations.
17. Provides information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
18. Collects, sorts, distributes, or prepares mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
19. Orders and dispenses supplies.
20. Operates office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
21. Uses computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing.
22. Performs administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers.
23. Completes special projects as assigned.
24. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
2. Clerical - Working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
3. Customer and Personal Service - Working knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
4. English Language - Working knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
1. Speaking - Basic skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
2. Service Orientation - Basic skills in actively looking for ways to help people.
3. Social Perceptiveness - Basic skills in being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
4. Reading Comprehension - Basic understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
5. Active Listening - Basic skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
6. Critical Thinking - Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
7. Time Management - Basic skills in managing one's own time and the time of others.
8. Writing - Basic skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
1. Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
2. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
3. Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. May be required to work nights or weekends.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||Two (2) years of clerical/administrative experience in an office environment,
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time