Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504963
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: NOAA-UOM-PERC 2019-2020 RE-A
Categories: Research, Service, & Sponsored Programs
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Graduate Research Assistant I - 992412|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||Yes|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Contributes to basic and applied research activities. Performs a variety of tests, makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results.
2. Understands and interprets research protocols and procedures.
3. May participate in the publication of significant results.
4. Advances expertise through education, training, and/or research experience.
5. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:||Scheduling meetings for various groups|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Knowledge of R software and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
2. Database and data entry skills.
3. Ability to utilize or learn to utilize software relevant to the research program, new research methods and, work routines quickly.
4. Ability to attain required certification for applicable research program or project.
5. Ability to read and comprehend reports and other scientific literature.
6. Ability to write short reports and present data and findings as relevant to the projects being worked on
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Major (if required):||Biology or related science|
|Required Experience:||1. Six (6) months experience working in a laboratory or scientific research environment.
2. Must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at the Oceanographic Center.
|Preferred Qualifications:||Experienced using R for statistical analysis and visualization
Experience working with large ecological datasets
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time