Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504967
Work Type: Temporary
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Categories: Admissions / Financial Aid / Enrollment Management
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Graduate Admissions Assistant - TEMPORARY|
|Location:||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Provides general office and clerical support such as basic typing and data entry in software systems.
2. Reviews files and verify accuracy of data; and generates reports.
3. Scans and files forms and documents using electronic/manual filing systems.
4. Picks up, sorts and distributes correspondence and materials.
5. Provides front office coverage by greeting visitors and directing them to appropriate persons and/or answering phones, routing calls, and taking messages.
6. Orders and maintains inventory of office supplies, assists with facilitating office equipment repairs.
7. Prepares letters/memos and purchase order requisitions.
8. Routes actions to appropriate departments and follows through.
9. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. English Language – General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
2. Customer and Personal Service - General knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills
2. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites
1. Ability to work in a team setting
2. Ability to take direction and work independently as needed
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive information
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
3. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||1. One (1) year experience in general clerical/office duties in an office environment.
2. One (1) year experience with Banner and Recruit.
|Preferred Qualifications:||Education: Some college.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time