Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504969
Work Type: Part Time without Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Clinical & School Psychology Admin
Categories: Teaching - JK - 12
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Instructional Coach - PT - 992559|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Part Time without Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||Yes|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Provides high quality coaching including the use of assessments, effective observation and content-specific feedback, and other coaching skills.
2. Creates appropriate coaching resources as needed.
3. Facilitates coaching online discussions and updates resources as needed.
4. Familiar with Coaching Competency and/or other funder-required tools.
5. Reliable in and uses all required assessment tools.
6. Works on professional development plan for continuous quality improvement.
7. Maintains accurate and timely coaching documentation and ensures files are stored appropriately.
8. Conducts follow-up coaching as needed.
9. Conducts trainings as needed.
10. Collaborates with Project RISE colleagues, external consultants, and partners on program innovations as needed.
11. Attends and participates in staff meetings and training programs.
12. Attends training on innovative strategies in the afterschool setting as needed.
13. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Knowledge of child and adolescent development.
2. Effectively communicate and collaborate with teachers and other instructional staff.
3. Ability to effectively interact with a diverse population and exhibit sound judgment and maturity in dealing with the public.
4. Ability to work and cooperate with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
5. Superior written and oral skills.
6. Computer literate, Microsoft Suite competence.
7. Excellence organizational skills.
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||Classroom teaching experience OR experience with afterschool programs.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||1. Master's Degree or higher
2. Bilingual (English with Spanish)
3. Experience working with students with disabilities
4. Current teaching certificate and/or classroom experience.
5. Experience with literacy instruction.
6. Experience with fitness/physical education instruction.
7. Experience with Social Emotional Learning and/or Behavior Management.
8. Experience with racial equity, diversity, and inclusion.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time