Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504974
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Human Resources Dept
Categories: Human Resources
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||HRIS Analyst - 994704 *HYBRID REMOTE, ONSITE AS REQUIRED*|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Acts as a subject matter expert for assigned system(s).
2. May act as project leader for assigned project(s).
3. Gathers data pertaining to customer needs, and uses the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
4. Confers with clients regarding the nature of the information processing or computation needs a computer program is to address.
5. Consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
6. Assesses the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapts them to a user environment.
7. Analyzes information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
8. Prepares evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
9. Reads manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how to develop programs that meet staff and user requirements.
10. Develops, documents and revises system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
11. Works as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
12. Reviews workflow charts to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
13. Reviews project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
14. Expands or modifies system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
15. Modifies existing databases and database management systems or directs programmers and analysts to make changes.
16. Tests programs or databases, corrects errors, and makes necessary modifications.
17. Helps programmers and systems analysts test and debug new programs.
18. Oversees the daily performance of assigned computer system(s).
19. Enters commands and observes system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
20. Meets with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
21. Specifies users and user access levels for each segment of database.
22. Operates spreadsheet programs and other types of software to load and manipulate data and to produce reports.
23. Retrieves, separates and sorts program output as needed, and sends data to specified users.
24. Develops and implements processes and reports to audit data quality, ensure accuracy, and increase productivity.
25. Answers telephone calls to assist computer users encountering problems.
26. Answers user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
27. Maintains ticketing records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
28. Researches and reads technical materials, confers with users, or conducts diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
29. Refers major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
30. Develops training materials and procedures, and trains users in the proper use of hardware or software.
31. Reads technical materials or attends conferences and seminars to continue job-related education and to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
32. Stays abreast of advances in technology.
33. Maintains data integrity and confidentiality.
34. Completes special projects as assigned.
35. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. Personnel and Human Resources - Working knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, and personnel information systems.
2. Computers and Electronics - General knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
3. Customer and Personal Service - General knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
4. English Language - General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
5. Clerical - General knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
1. Active Listening - Advanced skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
2. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
3. Reading Comprehension - Advanced understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
4. Writing - Advanced skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
5. Complex Problem Solving - Proficient skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
6. Time Management - Proficient skills in managing one's own time and the time of others.
7. Active Learning - Proficient skills in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
8. Instructing - Proficient skills in teaching others how to do something.
9. Judgment and Decision Making - Proficient skills in considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the appropriate one.
10. Operation and Control - Proficient skills in controlling operations of equipment or systems.
1. Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
2. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
3. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
1. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
4. May be required to work nights or weekends.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||Five (5) years' experience in a Human Resources department or related field; college degree may substitute for some experience.|
|Preferred Qualifications:||High School Diploma or equivalent and five (5) years' experience in a Human Resources department or related field, OR
Associate's degree and three (3) years' experience in a Human Resources department or related field, OR
Bachelor's degree and one (1) year experience in a Human Resources department or related field
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time