Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 504975
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Human Resources Dept
Categories: Human Resources
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||HR Shared Services Representative I - 997155 *HYBRID REMOTE, ONSITE AS REQUIRED*|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate With Experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Gathers personnel records from other departments or employees.
2. Prepares or maintains employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions, using human resources management system software.
3. Records data for each employee, including such information as addresses, absences, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
4. Processes, verifies, and maintains personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
5. Reviews data and follows up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
6. Responds to inquiries requiring in-depth understanding of work-area policies and procedures and resolves complex problems to ensure questions are answered and issues resolved timely.
7. Answers questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
8. Explains company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
9. Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
10. Collaborates with other departments units to resolve employee-related issues.
11. Refers unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
12. Keeps records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
13. Compiles and prepares reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
14. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Knowledge:
1. Customer and Personal Service - Working knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
2. English Language - Working knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
3. Clerical - Working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
4. Administration and Management - Working knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, budgeting, human resources modeling, leadership technique, and/or coordination of people and resources.
5. Personnel and Human Resources - Working knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, and personnel information systems.
6. Computers and Electronics - Working knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
1. Reading Comprehension - Basic understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
2. Active Listening - Basic skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
3. Speaking - Basic skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
4. Writing - Basic skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
5. Critical Thinking - Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
6. Monitoring - Basic skills in monitoring / assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
7. Service Orientation - Basic skills in actively looking for ways to help people.
8. Social Perceptiveness - Basic skills in being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
9. Time Management - Basic skills in managing one's own time and the time of others.
10. Complex Problem Solving - Basic skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
1. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
2. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
3. Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. May be required to work nights or weekends.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||Two (2) or more years of experience in data entry and customer service roles.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time