Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 503854
Work Type: Temporary
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: MOA Curatorial
Categories: Museum Services
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Temporary Museum Preparator|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||Yes|
|Essential Job Functions:||Perform a variety of manual tasks and duties. Emphasis is placed on construction and carpentry.
1. Install and de-install exhibitions, as designed by Curators which includes but not limited to:
a) Receive and unload exhibition crates and deliver to appropriate storage and/or galleries.
b) Unpack and repack exhibition crates.
c) Properly store crates.
d) Construct exhibition cases on as needed basis.
e) Properly and carefully handling, hanging and moving art objects (all media) throughout the Museum.
f) Meet exhibition deadlines.
2. Prepare galleries for exhibitions including clearing of galleries and gallery walls in preparation of new exhibitions and proper repairing and painting of gallery walls.
3. Clean, maintain and insure proper order of exhibition galleries, including but not limited to: cleaning glass/plexi, dust frames, pedestals, and sculptures.
4. Build pedestals and displays as needed for exhibitions.
5. Call for appropriate help if artwork is damaged.
6. Observe and report any and all defects, deterioration, and wear on the facilities.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull a variety of tools, equipment and materials.
2. Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach overhead to gain access to equipment.
3. Handles a variety of hand and power tools.
4. Occasional exposure to wet and/or hot conditions.
5. Exposed to noise and vibration from operating machinery.
6. Must be able to lift any trade tools, material and equipment.
7. Must be able to safely lift 50 lbs.
8. May be required to work in confined areas to access equipment.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Competent in carpentry, wall preparation and painting.
Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to understand and apply Museum and Departmental policies and procedures.
Ability to multitask.
Ability to work flexible hours and adaptable to exhibition deadlines.
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||A minimum of 1 year of experience in art handling, construction and shop supervision.|
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||Yes|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time