Associate Professor - 993303
Job no: 503518
Position type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Division/Equivalent: Halmos College Of Arts and Sciences
School/Unit: DEPT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
Department/Office: Biology BS
Categories: Faculty - Natural Sciences, Computing, Engineering, Oceanography
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Associate Professor - 993303|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Teaches courses as negotiated with the department chair in anatomy and physiology, general biology, and other upper-level biology courses in a variety of potential formats (online, in person with and without lab, etc.). The successful candidate must be able to teach anatomy and physiology.
2. Participates in curriculum and/or program development, as assigned.
3. Be accessible to students, according to College guidelines; maintains regular office hours for student advising and consultation.
4. Conducts scholarship/research activities.
5. Serves and contributes to appropriate college and university committees.
6. Provides community service and participates in university, college and departmental functions that contribute to campus life, such as athletic events, orientations, receptions, commencements, etc.
7. Attends meetings as required.
8. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||Proficiency in use of computer hardware and curriculum related software.|
|Required Education:||Doctoral Degree|
|Major (if required):|
|Preferred Qualifications:||1. Experience or interest in developing online courses.
2. College-level teaching experience.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||No|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time