Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 503602
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Library Research Tech Center
Categories: Library Services, Administrative / Office Support
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Administrative Coordinator II - 996162|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||No|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Coordinates activities / functions within NSU as well as between NSU and external contacts to ensure efficient operations / events.
2. Responds to inquiries requiring in-depth understanding of work-area policies and procedures and resolves complex problems to ensure questions are answered and issues resolved timely.
3. Reviews and tracks budget data and follows up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
4. Enters data and generates reports from NSU specific software systems to ensure accurate processing and record-keeping.
5. Performs administrative duties in conjunction with meetings and events in the library conference rooms, gallery, and related spaces.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Marginal Job Functions:||1. Interprets requests and determines action plan for important and emergency matters.
2. Interprets and follows policies, procedures and practices.
3. Assists as backup to mail clerk.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Ability and willingness to work weekend and evening hours, as needed.
2. Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; database and data entry skills.
3. Ability to interpret and explain guidelines, policies, and procedures.
4. Decision-making and problem solving skills.
5. Excellent organization and planning skills, including calendar and event management.
6. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
7. Information gathering and monitoring skills; including the ability to prepare reports, while maintaining confidentiality.
8. Takes initiative, is flexible, and provides great attention to detail and accuracy.
9. Possesses advanced computer skills and is able to train others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards
|Required Education:||High School Diploma or Equivalent|
|Major (if required):|
|Required Experience:||High School Diploma and four (4) years of administrative experience, and/or coordinating various projects in an office environment.
Associate's Degree and three (3) years of administrative experience, and/or coordinating various projects in an office environment.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time