Returning users, please use the button below to sign-in:
Job Number: 503874
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Faculty - Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Education
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
|Job Title:||Faculty (Rank TBD), Psychology / Unicorn Children’s Foundation Endowed Chair in Learning and Communication Disorders - 991663|
|Location:||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida|
|Work Type:||Full Time with Full Benefits|
|Hiring Range:||Commensurate with experience|
|Subject to Grant Funding?:||Yes|
|Essential Job Functions:||1. Provide leadership for activities in communication and learning disorders
2. Teach graduate and /or undergraduate courses.
3. Maintain an active research program, including developing peer-reviewed publications and presentations and seeking out and/or maintaining an extramurally funded program of research.
4. Mentor graduate and undergraduate students in research and advisement.
5. Provide expertise and training in evidenced-based treatment, services, and/or research with a focus on children and adolescents.
6. Provide leadership in diversity and inclusivity as it related to research, teaching, and service.
7. Create a climate conducive to learning.
8. Participate in department wide activities such as faculty meetings, dissertations/directed studies, etc. as assigned.
9. Serve on and contribute to appropriate NSU, College, and Departmental committees, as well as professional associations at the regional, national, and/or international levels.
10. Maintain a professional development plan to assure growth and currency within the academic field.
11. Foster a positive learning environment for faculty, post-doctoral residents, interns, graduate, and undergraduate students by promoting excellence in education.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or Dean.
|Marginal Job Functions:||Develop innovations.|
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:||1. Knowledge and expertise in learning disabilities and communication disorders and research.
2. Experience with diverse populations.
|Required Education:||Doctoral Degree|
|Major (if required):||Psychology or related field|
|Required Experience:||1. College and/or university level teaching experience.
2. A strong record of scholarly publications
3. Leadership experiences
|Is this a safety sensitive position?||No|
|Background Screening Required?||Yes|
|Sensitivity Disclaimer:||Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.|
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time