We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
||Faculty (Rank TBD) / OMFS - Dentistry - 991936
||Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
||Full Time with Full Benefits
|Subject to Grant Funding?:
|Essential Job Functions:
Assist with development of Orofacial Pain Residency Program:
1. Assist with preparation and coordination of the academic and educational component of the Orofacial Pain Residency Program with input from the Orofacial Pain faculty.
2. Assist with assuring compliance with CODA academic clinical program development standards and outcomes.
3. Assist with the resident selection and preparing graduates to seek certification by the American Board of Orofacial Pain.
4. Provides high quality instruction in field of expertise, ensuring students meet course outcomes.
5. Prepares course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
6. Prepares materials for laboratory activities and course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
7. Supervises laboratory sessions.
8. Maintains student attendance records, grades, and all other required documents and records related to the education content of the program.
9. Evaluates and grades students' class work, laboratory and clinic work, assignments, and/or papers.
10. Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
11. Assesses clinical education needs and patient and client teaching needs using a variety of methods.
12. Coordinate clinical research projects with the appropriate entities or principal investigators.
13. Supervises student/resident procedures ensuring that the institution’s clinical protocols and evidence-based dentistry protocols are followed.
14. Prioritizes patient and provider safety in all clinical procedures.
Research & Scholarship:
15. Conducts or participates in dental research activities.
16. May supervise undergraduate or graduate research work.
Service & Professional Development:
17. Actively identifies opportunities and provides service relating to fields of expertise for the benefit of internal and external communities.
18. Interact with the administration of the University and other program directors to further meet the goals of the program.
Represent the NSU Orofacial Pain Program locally, Nationally and Internationally.
Other Assigned Duties:
19. Collaborates with staff and colleagues to address teaching and research issues, and to improve students' learning experiences.
20. Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
21. Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
22. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
|Marginal Job Functions:
|Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Dental Medicine - Comprehensive knowledge of the information/techniques needed in Dental Medicine and orofacial pain. This includes symptoms/treatment planning.
Contemporary clinical dentistry skills and techniques
1. Oral and Written Comprehension — The ability to read/understand information and ideas presented in writing.
2. Written Expression — The ability to communicate information/ideas in writing.
3. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
4. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboards.
6. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
7. May be required to work nights or weekends.
||As a member of NSU’s community and the College of Dental Medicine, in your position, you are expected to follow NSU’s employee and faculty policies and adhere to the “Guidelines for Appropriate Conduct and Ethical Behavior for Employees”. The following guidelines do not represent an exhaustive list but identifies minimal core values and standards:
Responsibilities to Students
Because of their inevitable function as role models, NSU faculty, staff and administrators should be guided by the highest ethical/professional standards.
Responsibilities as Scholars
A basic responsibility of the community of higher education in the United States is to refine, extend, and transmit knowledge. As members of that community, NSU faculty and administrators share with their colleagues in the other disciplines the obligation to discharge that responsibility.
||Completion of a certificate in Orofacial Pain
||DDS or DMD
|Major (if required):
||For Assistant Professor rank: College-level teaching experience.
For Associate Professor rank: Continued professional growth and success in full-time university teaching for four (4) years at the rank of Assistant Professor; scholarly contributions to the university, higher education, or one's academic area(s) of specialization that have received peer recognition.
For Professor rank: Continued professional growth and success in full-time university teaching for five (5) years at the rank of Associate Professor; significant scholarly contributions to the university, higher education, or one's academic area(s) of specialization that have that have been recognized as substantial by one's peers.
|Is this a safety sensitive position?
|Background Screening Required?